Radio controls

Last night I attempted to make a remote control for the motorised prototype but through trial and error I realised it wasn’t go to be quite as simple as I had initially expected.

First attempt at a remote

Plan B today was to raid the boys bedroom to find a better alternative. My luck was in and I found an old radio controlled boat that hasn’t been played with in years and extracted all the parts I needed to make a radio controlled prototype. I think I might have blown one of the mosfets in the process as now only the forward button works but it will do to get me started. I even managed to salvage a rechargeable 9v battery 🙂

I’ve since purchased the components I need to make a full radio control and will post an update once the parts arrive.

This post was tagged

Leave a Reply