At long last I managed to get the radio controls for the Mountain Wheelchair to work!
It’s taken so much and time and effort to get this to work. Not wanting to get too technical, I basically needed a way to convert an RC Receiver 1-2milisecond pulse to an analogue 0-5volts. I tried all sorts! In the end I found a very elegant, simple and cost effective solution from an American company called Astro Flight. There were some issues with the shipping but once the item arrived it was a very simple plug-and-play and at last, the mountain wheelchair has a working radio control system.
As I’ve said before, it was extremely important to get this working because it will allow me to drive the wheelchair into the mountains without needing to be concerned for the safety of the driver.