Finally managed to free up some time on the 3D printer for this project and the first thing to come out is the syringe housing to make a hydraulic cylinder. It kinda looks like it might actually work?
Few! Some progress was made today as I’ve just finished working out the details of how I’m going to mount a pair of syringes to the frame of the small prototype to act as a hydraulic differential. Just need to find a time where the 3D printers aren’t busy with other projects now :S
In other news, everything is sorted, booked and dotted lines signed for taking the engineering students up Snowdon next Thursday to take some measurements! Just need to keep fingers crossed for some mild weather.
Today I finally decided to make the website public and posted it on Facebook. The response has been amazing and it’s fantastic to know that there’s so much support out there. I’ve started up Facebook groups previously which haven’t generated much interest so it’s a huge relief that this project has been received so warmly. So thanks to everyone for liking the page and sharing it on Social Media.
Although publicising the website is a huge step forwards, in terms of the actual wheelchair lots of parts have arrived in the post including some 4mm tube to make hydraulic pipes for the syringes. It’s just about time for bed so working out how to mount it to the frame will have to wait, but in the mean-time here’s the finished design for the hydraulic cylinder:
*update* Here’s the printed version.